OK, OK, we know what the next celebration in your life will be – your first post-COVID trip! Looking beyond that, there are myriad reasons to celebrate in life and taking a dream trip is the perfect way to honor a special occasion and provide beautiful memories for years to come.
No one should have more than one pandemic birthday, honeymoon, anniversary, retirement – you get the picture. It’s time for a do-over! From a romantic trip for two to an extended family reunion cruise to an all-inclusive upscale getaway, there’s always a reason to celebrate with travel. Here are some of our favorites:
- Engagement – Take a breath before diving headfirst into wedding planning to mark this sweet moment in your life together. Take a short trip to the beach for sun-splashed relaxation or, if you’re a foodie, to a city you’ve never visited to enjoy food, wine and culture.
- Anniversary – Whether it’s your first or your 50th, an anniversary is always cause for celebration. Take a river cruise in Europe, taste your way through Tuscany, jet off to the Galapagos for real nature break or simply relax on a far-flung beach in the South Pacific.
- Graduation – Whether it’s high school, college or trade school, mark this big transition with an awesome vacation at an all-inclusive resort with your friends, island hopping in Greece or, the classic, traveling by train through Europe.
- A New Job or Career – Embrace the inspiration and courage that allowed you to make this big change in life and try something utterly new – travel to Iceland, Tokyo, Sri Lanka or Madagascar, or take a once-in-a-lifetime safari in Africa.
- A Milestone Birthday (or really any birthday!) – For tweens-turning-teens, consider Costa Rica, a great way to introduce international travel. For epic 15th and 16th birthday celebrations, a spa getaway aimed at teens or a suite sleepover at a luxury resort for the birthday kid and her friends. And for a fab 50th, how about a river cruise past the castles of the Rhine, visiting the glaciers of Alaska, or checking off that bucket list trip to Bora Bora?
- Retirement or Empty Nest – As you enter your golden years, take a week (or a month!) to sit back, breathe and contemplate how you want to live out your life. Venture to the Canadian Rockies by luxury rail, explore Tel Aviv and other Middle Eastern gems, finally take that trip to Australia or New Zealand and or cruise through southeast Asia.
- Babymoon – Craving time just the two of you before baby arrives? Head to Hawaii or St. Lucia, drive to Nantucket or Big Sur, enjoy pregnancy spa treatments in Sedona or hop on a plane (check with your doctor first) and fit in a Europe visit before the little one takes up most of your time.
- Surviving Cancer: Whether it’s a cancer-free celebration, remission, recovery from surgery or the end of your treatment, there is no better reason to get back out into the world and live your life. Where to go? The sky’s the limit!
- Wedding: A vacation with your loved ones, a wedding ceremony surrounded by family and friends in a carefully chosen destination, a honeymoon spot all ready to go, tailored wedding packages – what’s not to love about a destination wedding. From a beach to a vineyard in France, this is a memorable, intimate way to mark the start of your life together.